Thursday, October 16, 2008

stuck in panic

I don't know many things. But I do know some. This is what I know. My name is Megan. I am a beautiful, independent, spontaneous, fun, life, loving girl. I also know that I suffer from anxiety. And I have for the past two years. It began two years ago where I experienced an intense panic attack as the result of a pot brownie. Yeah you heard right a M-A-R-I-J-U-A-N-A brownie (needless to say I have not had one since). It's just funny that a pot brownie was the beginning of this snowballing anxiety I Have experienced since. It would have happened either way but I just have better story now. Two years when my anxiety was really severe I say a therapist who helped tremendously and I thought I was free of my anxious thoughts until a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago I had another panic attack and my anxiety has be incredibly prevalent ever since. I am just so darn frustrated. I have been doing so well and here we go again. The racing heart, the anxious thoughts, the shortness of breath, and the IBS. Man. Oh man. It's funny because I am the happiest I have been in YEARS. But it just goes to show that if problems are left ignored they don't simply just disappear forever. They tend to linger the longer you let them. And that's what is going now...I think. At least I recognize this and if I motivate myself enough I can get some professional help for long term not just a few weeks. That's what I need because as I am discovering I cannot do this alone. As my much my pride gets in the way I simply cannot let it any longer. I can beat this anxiety with help! It may take time but I am confident.

WOOT!

No comments: