Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If I could change some things...

I wouldn't change my life. Things happen as they do, and honestly there is no turning back time. So I simply see no point in dwelling in the past, when the present is so much more important. BUT if there is one thing from my past that is a constant reminder of how my life will be changed forever because of it, that would be my ankle. I shattered it more than two years ago and essentially it was replaced with titanium.

I am beyond grateful that it works and functions properly. That within itself is a remarkable accomplishment. However, I cannot control how my ankle acts to various amounts of activity or changes in weather. Sometimes, I can be on my ankle all day and it will be just fine. While on other days I find myself sore and frustrated. Then there are days like today. The only days that it really adversely affects me. It was fairly brisk and cool. And it hurts just to put pressure on it. I have learned to suck it up and just push through the discomfort. But, it hurts just while I am doing nothing and the fact I have no control over the pain is what really nags at me. The fact, there are not many people who can relate or understand really frustrates me. This is something I have to deal with for the rest of my life. And I have no choice in the matter. I constantly have to adjust accordingly to my ankle. And sometimes it just down right sucks. But I just have to keep my chin and do what I can, and bit my tongue and smile. Because nothing is going to take the titanium out of my ankle.

Oooh,the life of a wolverine lady.

No comments: